Does your establishment captivate as soon as you see it? Do you offer a high quality service? An innovative experience? The Spanish Association of Wine Cities (ACEVIN) announces the VI edition of its Wine Tourism Awards ‘Wine Routes of Spain’, to recognise the work carried out by the companies and territories of each of the 34 routes, to improve the quality and the wine tourism offer of our country.
These Awards highlight the commitment to a different type of tourism in which the culture and wine tradition of Spain become the driving force of the rural environment. In fact, the success of this approach attracts some three million visitors a year, according to data collected by the Spanish Wine Routes Tourism Observatory.
The deadline for submitting applications is open until 4 July 2022. Those institutions, wineries, restaurants, wine shops, hotel establishments, museums, travel agencies, etc. that are part of ACEVIN’s Wine Routes of Spain product club with projects that fit into one of these 14 categories are eligible to apply.
- Best Wine Tourism Initiative
- Best Promotional Action
- Best Sustainable and Responsible Wine Tourism Destination
- Best Wine Tourism Municipality
- Best Winery Open to Tourism
- Best Wine Tourism Accommodation
- Best Gastronomic Offer
- Best Wine Tourism Establishment
- Best Wine Tourism Experience
- Best Wine Tourism Corner or Landscape
- Commitment to Society and the Environment
- Accessibility in Wine Tourism
- Protection and Enhancement of Heritage
- Merit in Wine Tourism (meritorious award, destined to one person).
These awards do not have a financial endowment. The criteria to be eligible for each category, the rules and the participation forms can be consulted on the Rutas del Vino de España website www.wineroutesofspain.com
A professional and multidisciplinary jury, made up of representatives of the Administration, the wine and tourism sectors, and critics, journalists and experts of recognised prestige, will be responsible for selecting the best proposals submitted to the competition. In addition, the VI Wine Tourism Awards ‘Wine Routes of Spain’ will count on the participation of wine tourists who have visited the different routes, who will be able to choose their favourite establishments and activities through the brand’s social network profiles, thus contributing votes that will be considered by the professional jury.
The winning companies and institutions in the previous edition, held in 2020, were the following:
- Best wine tourism initiative 2020 – Catando Somontano.
- Best promotional action 2020 – “volverás a Riberarte” social media campaign.
- Sustainable and responsible wine tourism destination – Ruta del Vino Sierra de Francia Destino Enoturístico Smart Wine Tourism Destination.
- Best wine tourism municipality 2020 – Mucientes.
- Best winery open to tourism – Bodega Otazu.
- Best wine tourism accommodation – Hotel&Spa Arzuaga.
- Best gastronomic offer 2020 – Restaurante el 51 del sol.
- Best wine tourism establishment 2020 – Villa-Lucía Centro temático del Vino y Espacio Gastronómico.
- Best wine tourism experience 2020 – Drinking between the lines – Bodegas Solar de Samaniego.
- Best wine tourism corner – Bodegas Marqués de Vizhoja.
- Commitment to society and the environment 2020 – Winable.
- Accessibility in wine tourism 2020 – Bus Inclusivo Top Ribera del Duero and Autocares Víctor Bayo.
- Protection and enhancement of heritage 2020 – Bodegas Lecea.