Our partner Ignatius Posada in Navarrete, has been included as an example in the Guide to Good Practice for the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 of the Government of La Rioja.
Rioja Alta Wine Route has collaborated in the publication of this guide which includes those projects subsidised by FEADER which, like Posada Ignatius, are considered to be of particular relevance.
Posada Ignatius was inaugurated in April 2018 after a complete restoration of Duke of Nájera Palace. This is a 15th-century building that took three years to build. The result: a high quality hotel resource that did not exist in the region until its opening.
Its uniqueness has made accommodation a tourist resource in itself, attracting visitors and generating economic flow in the municipality. In addition, it has created 6 jobs.
The Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 seeks to achieve sustainable management of natural resources and a more economically and socially balanced territory.
Specifically, this Programme pursues the following objectives:
- Job creation, with special attention to young farmers and rural entrepreneurs and, within them, women;
- the modernisation of agricultural holdings to make their products more competitive on the market;
- the improvement and modernisation of irrigation infrastructure;
- the training of farm owners, through training courses and specialised advice;
- the improvement of infrastructure in the rural environment;
- the processing and marketing of agricultural products; and
- the renovation of villages and the rural environment.
See here all the projects included in the Guide to Good Practice of the Rural Development Programme of La Rioja 2014-2020.